Any business owner knows that good advertising is key to a successful business. Advertising is a way to cast a wider net of potential customers. And the more customers you have, the higher your profits will be. In today’s world, everything and everyone is online. So where else will this advertising take place but on the internet itself? However, do you know you can actually advertise your business online for free? You’ve heard it right! In this guide, we’re going to show you three places that offer free business advertising.
- Social Media
We’ve all learned never to underestimate the power of social media. Using social media to advertise your business is even more beneficial than you think. First, it’s an excellent tool for your business to gain exposure. And second, it allows you to interact with your customers in a way that makes your business even more engaging. It’s an advertising, marketing, and customer service all-in-one tool and you need to make the most out of it.
The following are some social media websites you can us
e to advertise your business for free:
Facebook – Create online pages, post offers and interact with your customers.
Youtube – Create video advertisements for your business.
Pinterest – Create photo campaigns. Best for e-commerce businesses that are involved in fashion, health, and lifestyle.
LinkedIn – Best for service products and B2B (business to business) advertising
Twitter – Create short, current posts to engage your potential customers.
Google+ – Create engagement campaigns in Google’s social media channel.
- Local Listings Services
One easy way to advertise is to make use of local listings services. There are various websites that cover a range of audiences. It’s very straightforward. You usually your website’s URL and some details regarding your business. These websites then input this information on their databanks so that your link will come up when their users are searching in your category. This is also another effective way to improve your business’ Search Engine Optimization, increasing your website’s standing on search results.
Here are some directories where you can list your business for free:
- Google My Business – Free Google listing so your business can appear when people are searching on Google and Google Maps.
- Bing Places – If your listing does not yet automatically appear on Bing, you can easily claim it, complete your listing profile, and verify your listing.
- Yellow Pages – Yes, Yellow Pages have transferred online, and they’re still as widely-used as ever. You can update your business details here including your phone number, opening hours, and payment methods.
- eLocal – Another classic business and service listings, but with no strings attached.
- Incorporate SEO into your company’s website.
Chances are if you have an online business, you’ve heard of the term “SEO” (Search Engine Optimization.) SEO is a marketing strategy that ideally puts your website on the first page of search engine results. This is another excellent way to increase your business’ online presence and gain customers. You can learn how to do SEO through various websites or even watch videos. If you prefer, you can also hire SEO experts to help optimize your business website.
There are free SEO tools available. Here are a few ones:
- Google PageSpeed Insights – Allows you to check the speed and usability of your site
- Moz Local Listing Score – Allows you to see how your business looks online
- Keywordtool.io – helps you create keyword ideas based on a single keyword
- Google Analytics – A powerful tool to monitor web statistics and search insights
- Google Webmaster Tools – Gives constant website analysis, error reports, and alerts
- The Best Press Release Distribution 2018 – Offers to publish your content to a lot of media.
Advertising can become expensive. Of course, free advertising may not achieve the very best results, and they can require a bit of time and effort on your part. But it does not mean that they are not worth looking over. As the saying goes, you can never advertise enough.