In general, all businesses have 20% if the actions that bring 80% of the results. But sometimes the 80% are so important that the 20% cannot exist without the 80%. For example, the most productive task that you could do in video marketing for your business is creating engaging content. But once you create it, there are other tasks which will help your video reach more people.
For such tasks you can have a virtual assistant or an employee who can handle the task for you. Some of the tasks you can out source are:
- Editing the video. (Like Removing scenes)
- Adding a video intro to your video.
- Exporting the video to web friendly format.
- Uploading the video on YouTube.
- Doing some keyword research and adding appropriate tags.
- Including the link in the description.
- Transcribing the video and adding closed captions in YouTube for SEO.
- Adding Annotations in YouTube wherever appropriate.
- Uploading a catchy thumbnail for the video (Partner Accounts Only)
- Sharing the video in 10-20 social bookmarking sites and social media properties.
- If the video had a presentation file, uploading it to SlideShare.net and AuthorStream.com and social bookmarking it.
- Sending an email to subscriber list of the blog.
- Embedding the video on a blog if applicable.
- Uploading the same video to other video hosting sites such as vimeo, dailymotion.com and so on.
All the above tasks are very important to reach a wider audience and gain more customers. But if you are doing all these yourself, it can be extremely boring and sometimes it will prevent you from creating great video content in the first place because you will be forced to all these tasks once the video is created. It is hard to do both the creative part and the analytical processes at the same time.
If You Can’t Outsource
If you cannot afford to have a VA yet, what I would recommend is that you batch process the creative part and then batch process the repetitive tasks. You can dedicate an entire week to video production. An entire week for video editing and then another week for distribution. You will be more efficient this way because every time you change channels, you lose some energy.
Hope you found my tips useful. Stay tuned for more video marketing tips.
Do you outsource parts of your video production? Let me know.